Monday, April 07, 2008

Chattanooga!

I just got back from one of my favorite regional conventions in a long time!!!

The Taylor family and I left early Friday afternoon for this trip, and I was just exceptionally excited about it in general. I have had a lot at my mind at home and school, and it was a vacation for me to just think about LPA and having fun!

We got there, and it was too early to check-in so we went to Shoney's for lunch. That wasn't bad, and usually it costs around $35 to $40 for 5 of us to eat.... it only costs us all together $20, so we found a new home! lol. We need one of them in Dunwoody! Once we checked-in and everything, Heather realized she forgot her daughter's clothes! I still wonder what she was thinking when she was packing the car, but it's all good. Daryl and her went to Walmart and Goodwill for the rest of the afternoon to go get some stuff while the girls and I walked the hotel and went to look for LPs. I finally met Bryan from Tennessee, and my Facebook buddy! Nice guy. I was introduced to his parents, and we all went back to memory lane. They have a home video of Bryan's first regional, and we are about the same age, and he said we were around 4-5 years old, and he says that I was on the video. That was a scary thought... lol! Anyhow, the girls and I went back to the hotel room, and just relaxed. I was exhausted from my excitement, and I figured it would be a late night. Once Heather and Daryl got back, I was ready to depart for a minute, so I was on my own for a little bit. I ran into Erica, Courtney, and Kendra. They were going to go out that evening, but I decided to lay low. LPA was going to have a hospitality room with games and Bingo.... I was all over the prizes! We ordered pizza for dinner, and I didn't win bingo, but I did win a prize. I had a little crush moment with Bryan I think. Bonnie and I were so mad because each time somebody called Bingo we would only have one more left. She and I were determined, but never succeeded. That was pretty much the evening. It was an early night compared to Saturday night.

Saturday morning, I woke up and knew that I had officer's meetings and board meetings for most of it. I got dressed, and had time to eat breakfast at the continental breakfast. Daryl and I made it, but there was not really any food left except muffins and juice. That's exactly what I had. I walked into the meetings with a muffin and juice, but didn't feel too bad. Bonnie was eating too. We discussed business, and pretty much discussed our current status on our chapter. Cricket was pleased to hear that it is stable, and it is slowly growing. There were other issues discussed, but pretty boring for me. Then after that we had a nutrition and health fitness discussion with a guest speaker, Dianna from Nebraska! She is an awesome lady. She quizzed us on what she taught us, and I got an answer right! I was so proud of myself, because that presentation was a little unentertaining for me. Whatever. After that, the general board meeting started. That was pretty much dah-jah-vu all over again from the Officer's meeting. We did started talking about the Nashville national, and I am excited about that! I have offered to volunteer in whatever I can do. I am getting donators ready to donate, and I can't wait to see how much I can raise to help. After all of that, I went out to lunch with Kendra, Courtney, Juli, Erica, Rudy, and Blake. That was fun! We went to Rudy's for a little while to go play Rock Band on his 360.... we all stunk at the drums, but we had a blast anyhow! They got me back to the hotel, and we just chilled in the lobby. We played Scattagories, and I sucked at it. I gave up, and just socialized around the lobby. Before I knew it, it was party time! I went back to my room to get dressed and ready. I went to the banquet room, and I was starving. Thankfully I was one of the first to eat. Tons of kids... I didn't realize how many kids were at the convention itself. It was ridiculous. We must of had about 3 children screaming by the end of the night... not pretty! Finally the music started, and the party started! Funny times! After the dance, Heather and a bunch of us stayed up. I was going to go to Waffle House as a tradition, but I decided to stay hotel-bound. We sat in the lobby, and played cards until 4 AM. It was ridiculous, and I was delirious. We finally went back to the room, and I got no sleep! The Taylor family has to sleep with the T.V. on, and I absolutely hate that! It was exceptionally louder, and Daryl would wake up every time I tried to turn it off. It sucked!

Sunday morning, I woke up in the worst mood. I couldn't believe it. I asked Heather and Daryl about their weird sleeping arrangement with the T.V. and I left the room quickly after I got dressed. Daryl was completely crabby the whole morning, and the car ride home was murderous. The girls were hyper and Daryl just had an attitude with just me the whole ride. I was so glad to be in my own home, and my own rules! Spoiled I guess you would say.

Now back to reality, and back to school! School is almost over the semester, and I am excited to see what happens the next couple of weeks!