Saturday, June 21, 2008

Oreo

I want to start this blog on a good note.. it's Saturday!! lol.

These last two weeks have been a roller coaster ride!!

I am recovering from last week with the ear infection, and temperatures. I am going to the ENT for an appointment to check on my ears. I think there is still an infection in their somewhere, and that Amoxicillin is tearing up my stomach... eww!!! Cross your fingers they can help on Monday.

The exciting news that I heard from my last blog was Juli and Blake's engagement. Juli has asked me to be in her wedding as a bridesmaid, and I am soo excited and honored! She let me try on the dress that she was thinking about letting us wear. We'll see if it works! I am so excited for Blake and Juli's life together as a couple... it's going to be awesome!!! Congrats you guys!!!!


*This may make you cry, so be careful.*

The sad news for this week was the passing of Oreo, our family dog. Oreo was a very sick dog for too long... he wasn't producing tears in his eyes, and he received constant ear infections. The dog was a rescue dog that came to our family about 4 years ago, and from the beginning he was an aggressive dog towards us. Once we started trying to get him helped, and feeling better, we realized this was going to be tougher than we expected due to his aggressivness. It was getting to the point where his needs could not be met, and money was being a real issue too. Why spend the money on the dog, if he is going to be mean to everybody?? Anyhow... long story short... last Sunday night Oreo was running a VERY HIGH fever, and diarrhea everywhere. He was crying the whole night, and I couldn't sleep at all that night. I knew that too many things were wrong with him, so I took him to the vet Monday afternoon right after class. The vet suggested medicine, but we reminded him of Oreo's other issues, and the results which were none. The vet asked about Oreo's behaviors in general, and we described them. He lays around the house ALL DAY (doesn't do anything but sleep!), and he seems to be loosing control of his bowels because he will go to the bathroom right in front of you with no warning. The vet asked if euthanization was something we wanted to consider, and we did as Oreo was sitting on the table. It was the most difficult thing to go through. The vet that we did decide to go to wanted to charge us $80 to watch my dog pass. I said are you kidding me??? He was not kidding! I said I want to see the dog right afterwards. The vet said that he will give us as long as we need to say goodbye, and that hurt me so bad! Oreo actually let me hold him. He knew that something wasn't right, and he trusted me. The nurse finally came to check to see if we were ready, and she carried him out. The whole process took about 15 minutes. The nurse carried him back in wrapped in a towel. He loved to be wrapped up in a blanket, so it was so hard. She set him on the table, and he looked so peaceful. It was so hard to look at him, and not see him breathing or reacting to our touch. I think my mom and I spent about 45 minutes with Oreo laying on the table. I was hysterical the whole time, and finally I had to look away. I was walking out, and I ran back in to give Oreo a hug! I said goodbye my friend, and gave him a kiss on the nose. He had the best nose ever!!! So our family is still grieving especially this weekend. When I am at work or school, I have other things on my mind, but when I am at home and it's quiet... it hurts soo much like right now!

R.I.P. Oreo June 16th, 2008!

The rest of the week was all about school, work, and towards the end... wedding plans with Juli. It was fun!! Juli also had the opportunity to come work at my office on Friday, so that was neat.