Thursday, August 21, 2008

First week '08 = SUCCESS!!!

My first week was a total success... it's been crazy, but that's totally normal.

Pubic Speaking - awesome professor, and a very outspoken and honest class.... that's gonna be fun! I did my first speech, and didn't feel too bad about how I did.... results will come next Wednesday, so we'll see how that goes!

English - YUCK!! I am going to hate doing paper writing.... but it will be all for the best in the long run.

College Algebra - I actually understood what she was saying.... she was going SUPER fast, but it didn't feel like a foreign language class which is RARE for me!

Education - It sounds tough, but I think it will be OK. I found out that I went to school with my professor's 3 stepchildren!!! Plus, I have a classmate that had (RIP Abbey) a brother that played baseball with my brother, Wes. I have to do some student teaching though this Fall, and found out that GPC does not have a contract with DeKalb County.... I am gonna try to work around it, but we'll see. I might have to go to a center instead.

GPC is a wreck.... I live about a mile from the school itself, and it takes me on a normal day 30 minutes to get to class in the AM. Enrollment grew to 11,000+ this year and it was 7,000 last year, and it's just incredible that they decided to tear down the main building during the rush! CRAZY people!!!

I am SO ready for this semester. Sadly, I am still listed as a freshman, but hopefully by the end of this semester, or next... I will be a sophomore. I don't care necessarily... who's in a hurry to go out in the REAL world?? lol. jk.

College students are in the real world!