Friday, September 19, 2008

Bummer...

Since the last time I have posted, a lot has happened. Last time I updated, I had a school set in place... my old high school. I was SO beyond excited, and I got the OK from my professor to start. I had only one thing to do which I thought would be SO easy. That was talking to the Asst. Principal, and even the Principal. The Asst. Principal said no from the start. He said no to one person from GPC, so that wouldn't be fair. I went to the Principal, and he took two weeks to answer the question. It was a no as of last Friday.

I have been very disappointed from my old high school ever since I have graduated with smallest things.... they don't like visitors and speakers from Alumni. I have tried both, and it just never worked out either way. Even when I come back for football and baseball games... they have to take a second look at me why I'm coming back to DHS.

On Monday morning, I got on the phone and starting calling schools that I could try for my student teaching. The first one I called sounded very promising. They called me back, and said that they wanted to meet with me on Wednesday. I met with them, and I am suppose to hear from them on Monday, hopefully! It is a private school, and I don't want to do a private school at all... all I wanted was a public school.

Besides student teaching, my life has been pretty good. I have been back to work for the past three weeks part-time and I love being back at my old company. I am thankful though that it is only a temporary position.... I have there about 3 weeks, and I will be there for another week, and then off a week or two, but then I will be back again for a month or two for the BIG Allstate project.

My other classes have not been too easy... college student overload! I get a vacation from life next Thursday for 5 days.... you don't know how excited I am. I am going to Savannah, GA to go see Juli's new place. It's near the beach, and it's away from Dunwoody. I love Dunwoody, but I need a vacation from it.

Until next time... byes!