Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Fall is finally here!

Fall is finally here!!! Summer semester is over with, and my fall semester has started. As all of you know, my entire life is wrapped around classes. I have no other life outside of that really. I get out into the world at times, but most of the time.... it's school, school, school!  lol. I am taking 3 education classes, and then World Literature. I hate World Literature with a passion, and still am questioning why I am signed up for that instead of American Literature. lol. My professors are great though this semester. I have my days with them, but it could just be me.

Since the last time I posted I have gotten a new kitten. We named him Figaro after the cat in Pinocchio. He is an absolute handful, but he was too adorable to pass up. Sweetie (older cat) still doesn't get along with him, and sure enough it was not a pretty morning for either of them. Sweetie had him stuck in a corner hissing and pinning him down. I know Figaro didn't like a bit of that, but 2 seconds later he wants to play with her. I don't get whether it is really rough play, or whether Sweetie is playing. I think eventually they will need cat therapy. lol. I am almost serious.

Do you remember how I chose Valdosta as my choice for going away to school with? Now I am thinking that I just don't want to be that far away from home. I mean... 3.5 hours is not far, but it's not exactly what I truly want. I want to be close enough that if I had to come home overnight for some reason.. it would not be an issue. I have GA State, Kennesaw State, and University of West GA that fit the bill. GA State is downtown though and living downtown would be fun, but safety wise, I wouldn't feel comfortable. Kennesaw only offers like one course in Special Education for Undergraduate which stinks. University of West GA fits the bill perfectly. I hear a lot of hearsay about the campus life and how it really stinks. I am not all about campus life though. I mean... I will learn to get out on my own, and I do plan on making some friends while I am there. I get to see the campus on Friday with some of my mom's coworkers. They all have high school seniors looking at schools too. Wouldn't that be ironic if we all went there? lol. Decisions, decisions!

LPA has been extremely busy. We have our regional in a couple of weeks, and I am so happy to get that out of the way. I have offered to either help or do the kid's room for the National convention. I am not sure what I was thinking there, but my insanity really will kick in next summer as I am trying to graduate with my Associate's degree.

Family life is good for now. I get to see my mom's side on Saturday so I am kind of stoked for that. Her cousin from New York just recently moved to Atlanta, so that will be fun seeing him again with his family. Grandma is slowing down, but she still has her wonderful personality and spunk. Memory not so much.